CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Shocked Christmas!

What a crazy time of year. I'm sure it is for you also. This year my family decided to give to the Navajo Indians, instead of giving presents, so we have been collecting items, and putting together kits for them. We did this last year for my nephews Eagle Scout project. What a rewarding experience. As well as making sure the bakery runs smooth, and that the candy company is taken care of, we also said good-by to my brother-in-law Scott. He is a doctor in the Air Force and was called to go to Iraq. He was told on Wednesday, and he left Sunday Morning. So we are missing him, and are thinking about his family this holiday season. We are all sort of in shock still. So this Christmas my family is very greatful for the freedom that we have to be able to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We are so greatful for the military, their sacrifice, their families sacrafices, and for their selflessness. We love them.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is a crazy time of year....especially for you! I don't know how you keep sane with all the running around you do. I do agree though we are lucky to have the freedoms we have. I hope your Brother in Law knows how much he is appreciated.

Kristen said...

Tami, I found your blog on Jen's...I hope you don't mind being blog stalked. Anyway, tell you bro in law scott and his wife and kids that it means so much to me and my family that he is willing to sacrifice so much to keep us free. I always get a tear when I see a soldier in uniform because I am so grateful for what they do for our country...What an awesome guy!
I think your little reindeer is so darling. But I have always thought so about your whole family. Merry Christmas!